Giggles that started a joyful marriage.
One of the joys of writing articles is when readers send me success stories, giggle generating jokes or videos like the Waffle Wedded Wife clip, which you can see on my Tasteful Toasts blog website. It’s a good reminder that you can still have fun when you flub a line.
The Gospel About Giggles
Laughter IS the best medicine. Need proof? The following is a list of the top ten fascinating fun facts from reputable institutions around the world regarding mirth’s medicinal qualities:
1. There are 18 different kinds of smiles – the most common is the smile of enjoyment.
2. Thirteen muscles are used to smile, but 47 are required for frowning.
3. You have to smile nearly a quarter of a million times to make one wrinkle.
4. You can stimulate your heart and lungs and improve breathing capacity by laughing.
5. Laughing one hundred times a day is equal to ten minutes of rowing.
6. Fifteen minutes of laughter equals the benefit of two hours sleep.
7. One good belly laugh burns off three and a half calories.
8. Laughter causes endorphins to be released, similar to a joggers’ 'high'.
9. Laughter releases feelings of anger, fear, guilt, anxiety and tension.
10. Laughter is contagious.
Two additional fun facts – my favorites – are 1) the average adult laughs 15 times a day and 2) children laugh about 400 times a day. I think I’ll follow the example the kids are setting for us.
In the case of the Waffle Wedded Wife video, there is a moral to the story: when you make a mistake, acknowledge it and move on. Everything will turn out fine.
Your turn: What gets you to giggle?
Be the first to respond!