I recently read a wedding speech book that promised readers how to get laughs, but in my humble opinion, it was geared more for roasting the couple than toasting newlyweds.
Wedding toasts should be positive as this is a new life for the couple. Remarks can still be funny. Read my opinion about Tasteful Wedding One-Liners.
Here are a dozen of my favorite one-liners for lovers – perfect for weddings, anniversaries or other romantic celebrations:
1. Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke. ~ Lynda Barry
2. Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~ Eva Gabor
3. Love means nothing in tennis, but it's everything in life.
4. Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame. ~ Henry David Thoreau
5. You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.
6. We’re here to celebrate the love match, pure and simple:
Barbara is pure and Michael is…a very nice guy.
7. Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.
8. Love is not singular except in syllable. ~ Marvin Taylor
9. The first time he saw her swimming in the sea he thought she was worth wading for.
10. Live each day as if it were your last, and each night as if it were your first.
11. Love one another and you will be happy; it's as simple and as difficult as that.
12. If you’re smart, you’ll always have the last word; if you’re wise you won’t use it.
Bonus – brief marriage jokes:
If love is blind and marriage is an institution, then marriage is an institution for the blind. Which leads me to my next question, if love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
Your turn: What’s your favorite one-liner for lovers?
Be the first to respond!