Remember the two golden rules to pack a loving punch.
Adding humor to a wedding or anniversary party is always welcome, but it requires that you follow the two golden rules: tell good cleanjokes and jest in favor of marriage. This can be a tall order because most wedding wisecracks are far from wise. Even the great comedic legend Milton Berle said, “Marriage is a great institution, but who wants to live in an institution?” Below are my top ten picks of tasteful wedding one-liners that can be personalize by replacing bride, groom, husband or wife with the actual people’s names.
1. A good wife will always forgive her husband when she's wrong.
2. A husband is not a yes-man; when his wife says no, he says no.
3. Why did the groom cross the road? Because his wife was on the other side.
4. The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.
5. The best way to get your husband to do something is to suggest that perhaps he’s too old to do it.
6. Love is blind but marriage is an eye-opener.
7. Marriages are made in heaven, but the details are worked out on earth.
8. Single people are looking for a prize; married people find a reward.
9. To error is to be single, to get married is divine.
10. “Husband and wife” is an anagram for “Fun was had in bed.”
Even these top ten one-liners can pack a punch depending on the size, age and culture of your of your audience. Use your best judgment. If you’re still in doubt then leave it out. Go toward the white wedding light and you’ll always be right.
Bonus – a brief marriage joke:
A man walks up to a gorgeous woman in a large grocery store and says, “Excuse me but, I’ve lost my wife somewhere here in the market, could you talk to me for a few minutes?” “Why?” she asks. “Well, whenever I talk to beautiful woman my wife suddenly appears out of nowhere.”
Your turn - share your favorite tasteful wedding one-liner, today!
Be the first to respond!